Danny M. Goldberg, Founder
CPA, CIA, CISA, CGEIT, CRISC, CRMA, CCSA, CGMA
Danny M. Goldberg is a well-known speaker on internal auditing and People-Centric Skills. Danny co-authored People-Centric© Skills: Communication and Interpersonal Skills for Internal Auditors, via Wiley Publications.
This is the first book published specifically to address the wide-ranging topic of communication skills for internal auditors. It has been offered through the IIA and ISACA bookstores since July 2015 and has sold over 2,000 copies (through September 2016).
Danny has over 18 years of professional experience, including five years leading/building internal audit functions. Danny was named as one of the Fort Worth Business Press 40 Under 40 for 2014. He has published numerous articles in trade magazines, including:
- HFTP Journal: Practice Ethics (November 2014)
- The Audit Report (Critical Thoughts on Critical Thinking, June 2013) – Cover Article
- ISACA Journal (The Missing Piece: Optimized Interpersonal Skills, Volume 3, 2012)
- Dallas Business Journal (The Yes Man Phenomenon, January 2011)
- Internal Auditor Articles (August 2007, December 2007, October 2010)
Danny is also accredited as the Professional Commentator of the Bureau of National Affairs – Internal Audit: Fundamental Principles and Best Practices (Professional Commentator). This book was authored by renowned audit scholars Curtis C. Verschoor and Mort A. Dittenhofer – co-author of Sawyer’s Internal Auditing.
Mr. Goldberg has been recognized as a top speaker at numerous events over the past three years, including:
- Top Rated Speaker, 2016 ISACA CACS Conference
- 3rd Ranked Speaker, 2015 IIA All-Star Conference
- One of the Top Rated Sessions, 2015 IIA GAM Conference
- 8th rated speaker – 2015 MISTI AuditWorld
- 3rd and 10th rated speaker – 2014 and 2015 ISACA CACS
- One of the Top Rated Speakers, 2014 IIA All-Star Conference
- 4th rated speaker – 2014 IIA All-Star Conference
Mr. Goldberg is a very active member of the Institute of Internal Auditors, both at a local and national level. Leadership roles include:
- Current IIA Fort Worth Chapter Board Member
- Current IIA Dallas and Fort Worth Chapter Programs Committee Co-Chair (for the past three years)
- Member of the IIA North America Learning Solutions Committee, 2014
Danny is a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified in the Governance of Enterprise Information Technology, Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control, Certified in Risk Management Assurance, has obtained his Certification in Control Self-Assessment and is a Chartered Global Management Accountant.