Workplace Harassment & Violence
Workplace harassment is illegal and destructive to any organization. It is important to treat everyone in the workplace with respect and dignity. Workplace harassment must be identified, discouraged, and prevented in order to keep a hostile work environment from developing. Left unchecked, harassment can escalate into violence. Workplace harassment training is essential to the welfare of all businesses and their employees.
Harassment can be based on a variety of factors that differ from the one doing the harassment, such as race, sex, and disability. Experiencing uncomfortable situations in the workplace may be more than an offense against an individual. It can be a crime committed against the law, which is why this topic has become very important for every organization.
In order to prevent Workplace Violence, it is essential that managers and employees are able to identify individuals who could become violent and understand how to diffuse dangerous situations. This workshop will help participants to identify and address violence in the workplace, as well as giving them the tools to develop their own Workplace Harassment Policy.
Who Should Attend
Professionals that are looking for a deeper understanding of harassment and violence in the workplace and how to build appropriate policies and guidance. (NASBA Field of Study: Personnel/Human Resources).
- Define workplace harassment
- Understand bullies and how to avoid hiring them
- Recognize social and business responsibility
- Develop relevant policies and procedures
- Learn how to investigate complaints
- Identify the words and actions that constitute harassment
- Implement anti-harassment policies
- Educate employees and develop anti-harassment policies
- Discuss employer and employee’s rights and responsibilities
- Address accusations of harassment
* NOTE: These courses do not have prerequisites or require advanced preparation. All courses are delivered in a group-live setting and range from basic to intermediate learning level. Please see the course catalog quick reference guide for the course field.