Assessing Financial-Related Activities and Controls
A Detailed course on Controls and Processes
Dollars always flow through the financial areas of a company. Assessing the financial activities and controls is a significant procedure to decrease the fraud risk inherent in a company. Understanding the process, flows and controls in these process can define the effectiveness of an audit and your audit team.
Attendees to this course will gain an overview and understanding of significant processes and controls in major financial areas and hot buttons and significant risks inherent in these processes.
- Obtain a basic understanding of what an effective control is
- Specific best practice controls by area
- General assessment of fraud red flags by area. Priorities deal with difficult customers. Set benchmarks. Taking Care of Yourself is a priority
Who Should Attend
1. Introduction and Background
2. How do We Assess Internal Controls
3. Key Areas in Detail
4. Financial Ratios
5. IT General Controls and Application Controls
6. Spreadsheet Controls
7. Process Owner Training
8. Summary and Wrap-Up General assessment of fraud red flags by area. Priorities deal with difficult customers Set benchmarks. Taking Care of Yourself is a priority