The audit profession is one of many that is slow to embrace change. For a profession that focuses on operational auditing (efficiency, economy, effectiveness), many audit shops do not have these E’s optimized. The subject of Agile Auditing has become an emerging topic in our industry. Many of the basic premises of Agile Auditing are things that all audit shops should be doing. Regardless, GoldSRD has taken the basics of Agile Auditing and applied the standards that all GoldSRD attendees are accustomed to: continuous communication, strong relationships and a transparent audit process. Spend the day with us learning the Gold Standard for Agile Auditing!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Understand the basics of Agile Auditing and how to apply them to your current methodology
- Discuss Emerging Technologies and Key Risks
- Discuss a Methodology to Audit Everything!
- Learn About a Useful Exercise to Determine (prior to the planning cycle) How Risky an Engagement will be
- What is Agile Auditing?
- Necessary Components
- Annual Risk Assessment
- Continuous Auditing/Monitoring
- Management Support
- Pillars of Successful Agile Auditing
- Highest priority is customer satisfaction
- Be flexible in scope/objectives (limit?)
- Frequent formal checkpoints (”Sanity Checks”)
- Business people (clients) & auditors cooperating daily
- Build projects around motivated people
- Face-to-face conversation is best
- Progress measured by transparent milestones
- Sustainable development pace
- Continuous attention to quality
- Simplicity (keep the big picture in mind at all times)
- Self-organizing teams (guided by a project plan)
- Regular reflection & adaptation (Impact versus “Following the Plan”)
- Objective-Based Internal Auditing
- Audit Anything, Anywhere, Anytime!
- Agile Auditing throughout the Internal Audit Process